Thursday, March 20, 2008

Woes and More Woes

If you are reading my blog for the first time, I truly hope that you will come back after reading what you are about to read. I am about to complain a little bit. Don't say I didn't forewarn you.
I don't feel good! Not one bit. Not one iota! I have finally had the sick bug bite me and I feel rotten. We have not had a very healthy winter here at the Hickman Home. For whatever reason, the girls have brought everything home from school and have just passed around and around, and then around some more! Somehow, through it all, I never got IT...whatever IT was. Well, now, I have. I haven't been to the doctor, much to the demise of my husband. He keeps telling me to go to the doctor, but I just ignore him and I don't go. In turn, I just keep feeling worse. I am pretty sure I know what I have, though. It's a sinus infection. So, why don't I just pay myself for this correct diagnosis and call myself in an antibiotic? I mean, really, aren't moms the real doctors anyway? I don't know about you, but when my Nanoo was still living, my mom always called her for her diagnosis, and now I call my mom to diagnose me. (By the way, she thinks I have a sinus infection, too.) Jeff is none too happy with me for being so stubborn and not going to see the doctor, but I mean, really...I can count the number of times on one hand that Jeff has been to the doctor, and yes, that includes a time for a colonoscopy! My theory is that Jeff is really saying, "I don't like it when you are sick. We need you to run this house for us, so go get yourself better." I rather like to look at things this way - my family needs me! Ah! Yes, that's it! They need me, they really do! I'm sure there's a song in there somewhere (I might just write it!) In my affliction this week I did manage to prepare a tasty roast. Well, they said they liked it, but I couldn't taste it because whatever I have has killed my tastebuds. Tonight, however, we are having Subway. Hey, there are some perks to not feeling well. Sometimes you just feel too bad to stay in the kitchen, but you feel well enough to write a blog. I am sure there's a lesson to be learned here, but remember...I'm sick! I'm in no mood to learn. Hopefully, tomorrow, I will be back to normal. I just need a good night of sleep, so pray for that, ok? I really have so much I need to do. We are going to Las Vegas next week, so there's much to be done.
Thanks for indulging me and allowing me to vent a little. I found the whole experience very therapeutic! Who says "an apple a day keeps the doctor away"? I say, "Write a blog! It's all the same!"
(By the way, take a look to your right. We're counting down. We'll have a 10 year old soon! Ugh!)

No comments: