Thursday, July 31, 2008

Missing....Reward, Priceless (Part One)

I am feeling rather lonely today and I have entirely too much time on my hands because, remember, I cannot move. I am still down and out with my back. I did actually sweep the floor and clean a bathroom this morning, though, so that's progress, right? Anyway, I have had lots of time to think about things and it led me to thinking about things I miss, so I thought I would share them with you. It seems to be a theme with me to be mindless and not too deep lately, so bare with me while I get it out of my system. Chances are, if you are reading this, you are looking for something mindless and not too deep to do.....so, knock yourself out! Read on!

I miss.... LOST! Can I just say, summer TV is entirely too random. Yes, of course, there's some new shows this summer, but really nothing that grabs your attention and keeps you coming back. I think summertime is a great time to watch TV because we finally have some time to get absorbed in a show, but NO...nothing good comes on! I miss PRISON BREAK, too! These two shows are some of the best on TV and I will be doing a dance when their new seasons start...which, by the way, is entirely too far away!

So, on to more mindless things...
I miss the BEACH! We did not do our annual beach trip this year, and while there is something very appealing about not going the same place every year for vacation, the appeal of the beach for me is that I truly relax and get a lot of reading done. Ask me how many books I've read this summer. That'd be a big ZERO! OK, well, not really. I do read my Bible and an awesome Bible study I finish up this week called "No Other Gods." Still, though, I miss the warm sun and sand of the beach and a sit by the pool.
I miss the Fall and the tastes of it, which for me are not necessarily warm, homemade muffins or pies, but rather the kid in me comes out. I miss candy corn and Pumpkin Pie Blizzards from Dairy Queen. I know you can still get candy corn right now, but it seems some kind of disgrace to me to eat that when it's summertime. The Pumpkin Pie Blizzard from DQ is something I've had to go two years now without because for one reason or another they closed the three closest DQs to us, but Hallelujiah and Amen...one of them is reopening! Come November, when the Pumpkin Pie Blizzard is the Blizzard of the month, guess where I'll be! I'll be using my handy dandy coupon from the DQ club and indulging in a tradition of fall, people!
OK, on the train of thought with the seasons...I miss Christmas. I just love sitting in my den at night with all the lights off and looking at the Christmas tree. You see, I'll never be one of these theme tree people, God bless 'em!
My dear Nanoo gave me almost every ornament I own, along now with my mom each year, so I lovingly open them and cry over them (seriously, I cry) and I hang them ever so special so that all my favorites show. Wonder if that's why my tree falls over every year? :) The girls have some that Nanoo gave them, so they have the honor of hanging them, ever so carefully, in their own special place. I can't wait until Christmas! The sights, sounds, smells!! Ahhhhh!
There are so many more things I'm missing right now, but I will finish up my rant tomorrow, so stay tuned! You never know, you may find yourself missing them, too.


1 comment:

Martha said...

Hope you're feeling better. I've tagged you to tell us "Five Things You Love." You can check mine out on my blog.