Thursday, September 18, 2008

Yummy Fall Treat


Thought I would share one of my favorite treats for the fall. Of course, it is great in the winter months, too, when the coffee pot is never turned off at our house. Warning, though...this is not remotely healthy. It is, however, comforting, wafts a great aroma through the house and is just down right GOOD!
I have always sworn that I first had this at my Bridesmaid's Brunch when I got married, given to me by my aunt but she says that is not where I had it, but no matter where I had it, it became a household favorite of mine that I love to share with my friends when they are over. Not sure about the name...PLOP....you definitely do plop it in, though, but I wouldn't recommend it since your dealing with hot coffee! :) So, if you are in need of a great fall/winter treat, put on the coffee pot, grab a great book or magazine and treat yourself today!

Plop

1lb butter
1 box light brown sugar
2 tsp. nutmeg
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 qt. vanilla ice cream

3 comments:

The Blessed Bryants said...

Yummy, yummy, in my tummy!! :-)

Kathy Stroud Cashion said...

It's plop all right . Fall just says "PLOP."

The Pettigrew's said...

I have an idea. Let's get all the ladies in Aroma together for a Fall back into Fellowship with a Yummy Fall Treat. I need some women time. :)