Friday, January 30, 2009

Some Great Posts to Read

I am admittedly a blog "stalker." OK, "stalker" might not be the most flowery word to use, but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE reading blogs. I have a few favorites that I like to keep up with, so I thought I would pass on a few of my recent favorite reads. Some of the posts are funny and some just encouraging. So, if you are ready to sit back and read a little this weekend, here's some great stuff you might enjoy...

Jeff, my husband, had a great post on why our church exists in this community.

Perry Noble, Pastor at NewSpring Church in Anderson, just posted a wonderful post today on prioritizing your family as Pastors, but really as men of God. I'm recommending you read it as if to say, "we're proof it's true." You do this, and you'll see things in place in your life.

LPM blog...Oh, my word...this just made me laugh and flash back to the past. I'd love to know your flash back moments...what takes ya back?

The Preacher's Wife posted something "too cool for school" yesterday. Check out her post and I promise you'll become as addicted as I am to this!

This has got to be one of my new favorite blogs to read. I am snatching up her book as soon as I can, but read this post. It caught my attention because I, too, was outraged over how the church treated Ted Haggard, former pastor of New Life in Colorado, after news of scandal broke out in his family's life. The Church is about restoration, yet his family was sent packing...literally, forced to move out of state. I pray that God's people will wrap arms around me and not leave me alone if, God forbid, I end up in scandal.

I'm sure there are tons more great reads I could suggest, so maybe I'll add more later. Have a great weekend. Who are you pulling for in the Super Bowl? Are you even gonna watch it? Go Cards!

No comments: