Wednesday, June 4, 2008


This right here is what I feel like! My world has been turned upside down in a matter of a few days! Four people under the age of 11 have come in and turned my days into a plethora of activity. For this mom that simply cannot function without coffee first thing in the morning, it has been a shock to my system. I have not been given the advantage of quietly sipping on my coffee contemplating the destruction of the world, wondering when Angelina Jolie will give birth to twins, or what kind of luggage is best for me to carry on my vacation, per the voice of Matt Lauer or Meredith Viera. No, I have been awakened to the sounds of an elephant's feet, otherwise known as Avery. Has the child ever been quiet? NO! NO! And NO! She comes pounding down the stairs promptly at 8am everyday. I guess I should take some pride that it's at 8am, though, because I threatened their life...OK, maybe not threatened, but I spoke with great authority as any good Mommy would do..."do NOT come down those stairs until it is 8am or AFTER! Do you hear me?" Apparently, Avery heard me. Kudos to her for being a prompt little booger and for being able to tell time! This morning it was Avery I heard saying, "Mommy, Mommy, want to see what the tooth fairy brought me?" I turned over with glassy eyes to see...WHAT? Five dollars. Well, that tooth fairy is a generous sort! She must be the best tooth fairy in the world...one that would take compassion on a little six year old that had to have that precious tooth pulled at the dentist's office yesterday. She deserves $5, OK? Don't judge the tooth fairy! You may wake up to find all your teeth gone one morning if you do, and not a dime to show for it!
Back on track, my life has been turned upside down. I haven't functioned by schedule not one day since they have been home. There is, after all, nothing keeping me on task. No children to drop off, no errands to run before I pick them up, or no pick up to do at all. I have been flying by the seat of my pants...literally. When my dear husband sees how much we handed over to Costco yesterday, I may be banned from any summer excursions. I think I did pretty well, though, on my shopping trip. I did buy Jeff something while I was there. 100 Forever Stamps for all the bills he'll pay this summer! Oh, the irony!
I am sure you are asking, "what is the point of this post anyway?" My answer is, "I'm just killing time before it kills me!" Anything that occurs in our lives from here on out is subject to being blogged about. Just ask my kids, anything funny you've read about them saying has already been pre-approved by them. They say it, then ask, "Mom, will this end up in your blog?" "Yes, honey, yes!" You, too, may be my subject one day. That's the beauty of a blog. I like being random, so random I'll be today!

1 comment:

Kimmee said...

I feel your pain, my friend. I even made up a chart to try and get some routine in our days but it feels hopeless. For me it's just another reminder that God is in control, no matter how much *I* try to be in control. The hardest part is when it gets to be 5:00 and I have no idea what to make for dinner, the house is a wreck and the kids are whining. We're going to be eating a LOT of sandwiches for dinner this summer!