Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day



Happy Valentine's Day!

We sure do love our girls. Today is special for them. They love Valentine's day, and really, what child doesn't? I remember as a child being so excited to see what act of love my parents had for me on Love Day. Usually, it was a box of chocolates or candy hearts. More than that, though, I craved just knowing that they loved me something "extra special" on that day. There's never been a day I've doubted the love my mom and dad had for me, but had they not given me an visible act of love that day, I surely would have thought they didn't love me anymore! Now, years later, my girls feel the same. Just this morning they came downstairs without complaining they were sleepy, but rather, they went straight to the dining room table in hopes of finding a Valentine's treat! They found it. They got Valentine flip-flops (even though it's 30 degrees out), Hershey kisses, a Valentine pen, and even more candy! I was making lunches for school while they discovered their treats, and here come my girls to wrap their arms around me and thank me and tell me that they love me, too! It felt good! Funny how all these years later, I still want a visible act of love for me...even from my children. Nothing could've made my day more than their hugs and kisses this morning. Yep, I'm pretty sure that had they not, I wouldn't have thought they didn't love me like I would have as a child, but I definitely thought, "I am glad I didn't have to wonder how it felt!"
So, today in our family, we'll be giving plenty of love to one another. The girls will open up their lunch boxes and see heart shaped PBJ, and Jeff and I will probably share a steak dinner tonight, but tomorrow nothing will change if I can help it...we'll wake up again for another day and hug and kiss each other as always, but for today, we'll take the day and throw in a little extra love for good measure. We hope you have a wonderful day. We love you. To my mom and dad...I love you more with each day. Thank you for the love you give us so unconditionally. Thanks to Jeff's family for the same. Your love and support sustain us, and for it we are grateful. To all of you in our lives...we are better just for knowing you. Take a little time today to share a little love.

No comments: