Friday, February 15, 2008

Jesus Came Down

We had a great Valentine's Day. We celebrated as I thought. Our celebrations must include good food, so I made Jeff and me grilled teryaki pork chops drizzled in apple sauce, brussel sprouts in sauce (yes, we like them) and fettucine with homemade alfredo. The girls ate their favorite - yep, mac n' cheese and pigs in a blanket. We enjoyed spending time together as a family. We have a new game at dinner time where we have to out "silly-face" each other. I think I won last night because I smeared chocolate all over my teeth and smiled big at everyone. I think Quinn got scared, but the rest of us laughed.
I overheard the girls talking about Valentine's Day yesterday. They were telling Quinn that she was supposed to be born on Valentine's Day and that she was our Valentine Baby anyway. Avery said, "Yeah, you were supposed to be born that day, but it's also the day that Jesus Came Down", to which she began dancing around the room. Not sure where she got that from, but I will always remember that. Avery has a way of adding a new perspective to everything!
Enjoy your day today. If you enjoy some chocolate, make yourself laugh with a silly face for me!

No comments: